Center for Russian Language, Culture and History of Russia
On October 18, 2018 the Memorandum of Understanding on the support and expansion of the Russian language was signed at the Russian-Uzbek Educational Forum between the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Russian State University of Oil and Gas named after I.M. Gubkin and the Russian State Institute of Russian Language named after A.S. Pushkin.
The activities of the Center for Russian Language, Culture and History of Russia are aimed at organizing and performing educational, cultural and socially significant activities to support Russian language with the participation of students, researchers and teaching staff, specialists in the fuel and energy complex and other citizens of Uzbekistan in order to satisfy their needs in Russian language, acquaintance with the culture and history of Russia, establishment of interpersonal and partnership relations including intercultural communication, social adaptation and integration of the culture of the region with Russian language and cultural environment.
The objectives of the Center for Russian Language, Culture and History of Russia are the following:
- supporting study of Russian language in the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- organizing and performing activities to support Russian language: festivals, contests, competitions, including Internet competitions among Russian and Uzbek youth, as well as holding international festivals and competitions for schoolchildren and learners of Russian language;
- organization of qualification upgrading of Uzbek citizens who speak Russian, or who teach Russian in secondary, special and higher educational institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan, including specialists of the fuel and energy complex and other sectors of the economy of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- familiarization of Uzbek citizens with the history and culture of Russia, organization of the release of thematic brochures, placement of information in the media and in the Internet resources of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- organization of webinars, conferences, exhibitions, fairs of educational services or holding master classes, training seminars, testing and other educational trainings in Russian;
- organization and holding of summer schools, including international scientific and educational and (or) pedagogical schools;
- providing access to learning Russian language through special programs developed as a part of the implementation of the Memorandum activities;
- provision of direct interregional and cross-border partnership with Uzbek educational institutions and companies of the fuel and energy complex;
- ensuring the academic exchange of learners, students, researchers and teaching staff;
- organization of internships, including language internships for teachers and specialists who are fluent in Russian in order to improve their scientific and educational activities, in particular, through qualification upgrading programs;
- organization of internships, including language internships for bachelors, masters, fluent in Russian on additional educational curricula;
With the aim of supporting study and expansion of Russian language in the Center of the Russian Language, Culture and History of Russia Russian State Institute of Russian Language named after A.S.Pushkin in collaboration with the Russian State University of Oil and Gas (NRU) named after I.M. Gubkin undertakes the following activities:
- ensures the activities of the Center of the Russian Language, Culture and History of Russia with the necessary educational and/or literary materials positioning Russian education, history and culture of Russia;
- provides the Center for Russian Language, Culture and History of Russia with the necessary educational and methodological materials (programs, methodological developments, etc.) for organizing internships and qualification upgrading;
- directs teachers of Russian language to participate in events or qualification upgrading activities;
- develops measures to improve the system of retraining and qualification upgrading of scientific and pedagogical personnel for the Republic of Uzbekistan.
100125, Tashkent, Mirzo-Ulugbek district, Durmon Yuli street, 34