Innovative approach to the problem of the flu

The educational event organized by the teachers of the Oil and Gas Economics department was attended by students of UEE 16-01, URN-18-01, URG-19-02, URB-18-02, the head of the department, Ph.D., associate professor Olga Edgarovna Otto, Ph.D., acting professor D.R. Khairova, senior lecturer Z.K. Usmanov, supervisors of academic groups L.R. Shukurova, M.R.Mustaev.

The meeting participants received comprehensive information from a competent specialist regarding the innovative methods for protecting against viral infections used today in Uzbekistan and abroad, as well as about the symptoms and various factors for treating the insidious disease. However, nevertheless, the speaker made the main emphasis on preventive measures, in particular, compliance with the rules of personal hygiene, daily routine, good sleep, rest and nutrition.

According to the scientist proper nutrition and meals is an effective prevention against influenza: it strengthens the immune system, especially if vitamin C is present in the diet. Moreover, such a widespread source of it as dogrose has, as it turned out, also the “reverse side of the coin”. So, to consume a popular fortified drink should not be regular, but with a two-week break after the same period of admission.

In addition, efficient preventive measures is the ventilation of the room. Even a window open for a short period of time - within five minutes - allows circulation of fresh air to completely renew and improve the atmosphere in the room, - said Nargiza Rasulova.

In her opinion, one should not be frivolous with outerwear: the absence of hats, short and light jackets, and fashionable open shoes directly contribute to the body's cooling in the cool season and, as a result, vulnerability to colds, - the doctor warned.      

However, in fact, the flu is not so terrible as its possible consequences - damage to the lungs, otitis media, which can lead to hearing loss. And here the first and irreplaceable means of protection is vaccination of the population. Since the flu virus is annually modified, vaccinations in accordance with the strains change their composition. Thus, to receive the vaccine on time means to enable the body to develop appropriate antibodies ahead of time. What is noteworthy, vaccination is not a purely personal matter. Thus, studies by scientists in Russia, the USA, and Israel have convincingly proved that in the case of, for example, 70 percent vaccination of the population, the probability of getting the flu is very low for everyone, but if, on the contrary, only 30 percent is at risk of catching the infection by airborne droplets extremely tall.

Branch Press Service